Protection for Peace: Meeting Refugees’ Urgent Needs

As little as $50 can provide a family of 4-5 with enough food, cleaning supplies, and personal protective equipment for 2.5 months. 100% of your donation will be matched by HasNa, doubling your impact.

HasNa has teamed up with the Mardin Community Participation and Development Association to deliver urgently needed food and hygiene packages to refugee and host families struggling to cope with the pandemic in Turkey’s Mardin province.


HasNa’s recent report on Turkish Civil Society’s Response to Refugees during COVID-19 found that the pandemic has exerted a disproportionately negative effect on refugees. Already working in precarious situations before the pandemic, the crisis has caused many, if not the majority, of refugee workers to lose their incomes, resulting in increased fears that they won’t be able to pay their rent and bills, feed their families, or afford basic hygiene products. Your donation would help to calm these fears as you provide vulnerable families with the food and household materials they need for the early winter months.


The current public health crisis is also coupled with a troubling rise in anti-refugee hate speech across the media and increased reports of violence against refugees. While social cohesion programs have taken on a more prominent role in recent times to bring refugee and host communities together, the pandemic has put an indefinite freeze on many of these gatherings due to the need for social distance. Helping to prevent absolute social isolation and the further spread of the virus, your donation will bring Syrian and Turkish families together to participate in joint trainings on women’s and children’s health, best hygiene practices, and preventing the spread of coronavirus. While their parents are being trained by experts in public health, children will enjoy a day of (socially distanced) play, snacks, and learning led by a child development specialist.


We are in this together, and to assist these vulnerable families, HasNa has decided to act. We hope that you too will help provide those in need with the basic necessities they require to live through the winter with dignity and a sense of security. 70% of all food and hygiene kits will be distributed to refugee families in need, while the remaining 30% will be given to vulnerable members of the host community. The distribution program targets those families facing severe hardship, households with children, disabled community members, and those who exhibit coronavirus comorbidities or fall in to high-risk groups.

0 %

of $5,000 Goal

$ 0

Collected

$ 0

with Match

0

Packages Delivered

0

Families Reached

Children in Mardin, Turkey receive food aid, training, and education
Syrian refugee woman with child in her arms picks up basic humanitarian supllies
Syrian refugee family receiving personal protective equipment and covid-19 training in Mardin, Turkey
Syrian refugee woman receiving donation

Each Food Kit Includes:

  • 1 Bottle of Sunflower Seed Oil (2,000ml)
  • 2 Boxes of Fusilli Pasta
  • 2 Boxes of Spaghetti Pasta
  • 1 Bag of Bulgur (2.5kg)
  • 1 Bag of Rice (2.5kg)
  • 1 Bag of Chickpeas (2kg)
  • 1 Bag of Lentils (2.5kg)
  • 1 Bag of Beans (2kg)
  • 1 Box of Loose Leaf Tea (1kg)
  • 2 Jars of Tomato Paste (1kg each)
  • 1 Bag of Olives (1kg)
  • 1 Bag of Flour (2kg)
  • 1 Package of Salt (1kg)
  • 1 Bag of Sugar (1kg)
  • 1 Whole Raw Chicken

Each Hygiene Kit Includes:

  • 5 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer (130g each)
  • 20 Bars of Hand Soap (70g each)
  • 8 Bars of Bath Soap (180g each)
  • 2 Tooth Brushes
  • 1 Tube of Tooth Paste
  • 2 Boxes of Powdered Laundry Detergent (1.5kg each)
  • 1 Jar of Vaseline (400ml)
  • 50 Menstrual Pads
  • 2 Hand Towels
  • 1 Bottle of liquid Dish Detergent (4,000ml)
  • 5 Dish Sponges
  • 1 Bottle of Bleach (1000ml)
  • 15 Disposable Face Masks
  • 30 Reusable Masks

Food and hygiene kits cost approximately $50 each. Each package should provide a family of 4-5 with enough supplies for 2.5 months. With HasNa’s match, your $50 donation would double, helping a family to weather the early winter months. Your donations to HasNa, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax deductible.