Compared with every wi-fi system router’s, Linksys wi-fi router does come with a standard name which is also called an SSID. You can call this as Support Set Identifier. As possess, it recognizes the service that is transmitting within the described range. Users can link to it to set up a strong system indication. However, there are some security issues when the SSID is left the same with the standard name. More specifically, setup Linksys router easily will have the standard SSID as Linksys followed by a unique variety or the design no. of the Wi-Fi wi-fi router.
When the burglar tests for all the available Wi-Fi points, the standard name of the system showed might expose the exact kind of the Linksys Router Default IP Address. By understanding the requirements of the wi-fi router, it would become simple to the burglar to compromise the system security password without any much effort. So, now let’s see, how you can secure the showed system by modifying the standard SSID of the Linksys Router. Also, I’m here using the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router to clarify the process. Make sure to get the appropriate choices in the situation if you use the standard WiFi Linksys wi-fi router.
How to Change Linksys Router SSID Name?
For any type of the wi-fi router, the method is same. You will probably discover the difference in the positioning of reception menus.
1. Let me tell you from fundamentals. To modify the Linksys Router Name aka SSID, first of all, you need to sign in to the administration dash panel of the wi-fi wireless router. For this, it is strongly recommended to link the wi-fi router to the Computer using Ethernet wire or via WiFi. Problem-solving becomes simple when you do with Ethernet.
2. Once you link the wi-fi router as described, how to login Tenda router online administration dash panel using 192.168.1.1 or through linksyssmartwifi.com.
3. With the help of standard sign in qualifications, get under the executive control. If you didn’t remember the details, learn to totally reset Linksys wi-fi router.
4. Now discover the ‘Wireless’ tab and here discover the ‘Wireless Network Name SSID.’
5. Go into the name to modify the Linksys wi-fi router name.
6. Lastly, hit ‘Save settings’ to apply the changes.
This is how I individually choose to Change Linksys Router Password via 192.168.l.254 IP Take a moment to contact me if you happen to will discover this way difficult. It is always recommended to modify the Linksys SSID frequently to avoid any kind of system failures. I individually found many issues regarding the same issue. Hope this helps to modify Linksys wi-fi router name SSID of yours.